Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Christmas Crafting, Vol. 1 (Geneaology Edition)

I know that it seems early, but for a crafter Christmas sneaks up a lot earlier than a person realizes.  I recently drafted my first "Crafting Wish-List" with miscellany that I turned up on the innertubes, and let me tell you--there is so much awesomeness out there waiting to be made that I don't really know where to start.

I, of course, got tons of ideas from Martha Stewart.  Her website is really what started it all.  I found this beautiful framed family tree template on her website, and immediately knew that I wanted to make this.  Since I can never justify making pretty things for myself (and it seemed a little rude of me to make this just for my family since I live in my boyfriend's house) I thought I should make it for my parents.  One subscription to Ancestry.com later, I know that I am descended from Ragnar Lodbrok and some guy named King Gandolf, which I think is the freaking coolest thing that has ever existed, ever.

My problem is that I have found more things that I want to make than I have people to give these things to.  These cufflinks are rad--but I don't know a single person who wears cufflinks.  Maybe I should give the boyfriend a set, along with a gorgeous French-cuffed shirt and some sexy suspenders, and my Christmas gift to myself will be reveling in my Mad Men fantasy (did I mention I carry a subscription to Esquire just for the overcoat issue?)

(Note:  for some reason the link to the family tree template isn't working.  Here it is: http://www.marthastewart.com/267157/family-trees)

No comments:

Post a Comment